Sunday, April 08, 2007



One of the dearest and special people of my life is my father. He may not be perfect, and who is? Only God is. I love you father, and I am as strong as you are. Maybe I don’t know much about your past, I have been very ignorant about discovering my roots which I know go quite deep. You were a stranger to me, I used to watch mom cry, feeling alone, knowing that the person she loves is out there neglecting her.

Being in this world, and developing in to a woman, I feel her pain. I understand what she is going through; I can see the regret in your eyes now. Your actions all express regret, the time you spend with me now, the gestures you make now, and show how much you regret the time you spent away from me.

I remember when I used to cry knowing you would be traveling away to some business trip, carrying that silver suitcase, knowing you won’t be back to play with me for a long time. Or going in to your car after a short weekend with you, telling me you’d be back next weekend, knowing another five days and you’ll be back again.

You made mistakes; one of the biggest was not telling me I had brothers and sisters. I can still remember the screaming and fights you had with mom after I came home from school. I would just hide in my room waiting for it to stop, until mom disappeared when I came home once.

You explained that we needed to go. You did not tell me why, but I knew whyI did not cry, instead I was strong for a 12 year old, I am amazed at myself. My sisters and brother came crying to me, blaming me for this move, asking me why I agreed, I had no comment and told them to listen to you. Confident that you would make the right decision – this time.

I believed in you, and I still do. I don’t blame you for what happened. I thank you for what happened I got to know my brothers and sisters, and it was never too late to know them. I did miss mom, for a long time, but you resolved your issues, and things were difficult at first, but thankfully they worked out to the better.

I know marriage is not perfect and it is not my place to advise you on this, I know mom, and she loves you very much. I wish I would be able to love my husband as much as she does now. It’s been 25 years since you both got married I admire you both, although the love has died out, but you still remain friends which is difficult now a days to maintain.

I am a descendant of you, and I hope to prove to you that I am your daughter, carrying your strength, confidence, pride and loyalty. I hope I can have the patience you had to bring us up, maintain a great living, and keep smiles on our faces.

I know I have disappointed you as well in many more ways that I can ever imagine; I just wanted you to know that I’m sorry. You taught me the right from wrong, but I still did the wrong, and I will do the right and prove you wrong this time. I was young and this is part of my upbringing.

I also remember the times I would be angry at someone in the same room as we were in, I’d stuff my face between your back , just like an ostrich dips its head in to a hole in the ground. The comfort I felt being protected by you, i knew there was no harm to come my way.

I hope you are proud of me today, and in the future days to come. I hope when you hear my name a smile comes up to your face just as I do when I hear yours. I am proud of being your daughter, and will always be working up to your level and possibly higher if I can.

I am my fathers daughter…

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger xxx Candy xxx said...

Very touching...almost cried and it made me want to call my dad:(

4:01 AM  
Blogger Leo. said...

man you can write *wipes away a tear*
i loved it loved it and one more time loved it..

why dont we have more posts like these.

cant wait for your next one

5:48 AM  
Blogger *DeLiCious PoisoN* said...

Great! I just like to get a message around, is that nobody's perfect, and forgiveness is a necessity in someone's life, other wise you'd be living a dark dark dark life... :)

12:38 AM  
Blogger EMARAT JABAL SHAMMAR said...

GOOD POST DELICIOUS. BETTER THAN ALL YOUR OTHER POSTS. TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH I'VE NEVER READ ANY OF YOUR POSTS BEFORE. I JUST BROKE MY POISON VIRGINITY.

HRH KING AL RASHID.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Lamya said...

Beautiful post.I can relate,and it means d world to me because my dad died a few years ago.I am still my fathers daughter.Sometimes my mom still cries because i remind her of my dad so much.Love your father with all you have,make him proud:) and i appreciate u sharing this with us.

8:52 PM  
Blogger *DeLiCious PoisoN* said...

HRH - well that's very wonderfull to know, i'm sure u must have read one of my posts at the start at least cuz u commented on it! :P Great to see you again...

Lamya - Thanks gurl, it's something i'm sure everyone must have had a similar experience with, maybe not with the father but someone special to them in their lives, and i'm more than happy to share what i'm proud of ...


Thanks for passin by! :)

2:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home